A few weeks ago I received a call from the bridal shop informing me that my dress came in early from the designer. The first weekend that I had planned on going to see my dress there was a big snow storm that made me unable to make the hour drive to go see it. I finally was able to go see it on Saturday! My gown turned out gorgeous!
The dresses that the bridal party picked out did not go well with my dress. The dresses they picked out were two toned black and white and short. Now, the dresses that the bridal party had originally picked out were not what I would have picked, I would have picked a solid color and long dress, but everyone has a different body shape and I wanted my bridesmaids comfortable. So we ended up picking the dress they all agreed on. Well, when the bridal shop called me about my dress being in, they asked if I wanted them to send the bridesmaid dress orders out. I told them to hold off until I came to see my dress.
This is along the lines of the dress I would have picked for my bridesmaids:
This is what they originally picked:
(Taken from http://www.frenchnovelty.com/)
My bridal party has changed somewhat. So when I went to look at my dress on Saturday my new Bridesmaid, Katie, came to the bridal shop with my mother and I. If I was going to change the bridesmaid dresses this was the last chance I was going to get, so I changed the dresses. I’m tired of making everyone else happy. My wedding day should be able me being happy. So Katie tried on a ton of dresses and we picked one. The new dresses are long and tea-rose pink and I could not be happier about them!
No comments:
Post a Comment