Saturday, February 18, 2012

Wedding Updates

The last few weeks have been hectic. I’ve been super busy with coursework, work, and wedding planning. I’m done with classes for the next month or so now, so I’ll have time to update the blog more often. Over the past week or so we’ve accomplished many wedding planning “to dos” that we’ve had on our list.
We’ve finally booked a DJ! After weeks of trying to find the time to speak and meet with DJs, my mother took it upon herself to do, she spent a whole day researching DJs and calling to speak with them. She found one that she really liked and that was very professional and who also had amazing reviews. When I got home from work she showed me his website. I talked to Mr. Incredible about it and he wasn’t quite sure because he actually wanted to meet with him. Well, the next day DJs started calling my mother back with their pricing and honestly their prices were ridiculous for the short time period we’d need them from. The DJ my mother liked was very reasonably priced and with the wedding being only six months away we had to make a decision fast, so we ended up booking this DJ!
We’ve had many wedding related items arrive in the mail over the last few weeks. The cake stands started to arrive the other day. The cake stand that arrived is silver and vintage; it is for our main wedding cake.   We’ve also ordered my dresses for the bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, and Sunday brunch. They are gorgeous! I can’t wait to post pictures of them for everyone to see!
The invitations have been ordered. I’ve mentioned that I planned on designing and assembling them myself, but with my nonstop work schedule and online coursework on top of that, there is no way that I’d be able to do them. Therefore, the invitation and all the inserts were ordered a few days ago and I cannot wait to see the finished product! I have pictures of the invitation proofs, but I’m going to wait until the finished invitations arrive to take pictures and post them.  
The bouquets have also been ordered! They’re gorgeous!
The bridal shower date is not scheduled yet, but I believe everyone is trying to plan it for the last Sunday in May. The only reason that it is not scheduled yet is because a restaurant has not yet been picked and booked. Everyone is hoping to have a restaurant booked soon. When I know more, I’ll be sure to update everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment