Friday, October 14, 2011

I've Joined the Blogging World!

Yes, I’ve finally caved and started a blog. I use to love to write and would like to start it up again. I guess I’ll start by writing about what is currently going on in my life. At the present time there are three major events going on in my life including: going to school 100% all online way over full-time student status to finish my Bachelors degree, working 24/7 Monday-Friday, and planning my wedding. I’m getting married on August 11th, 2012 to the most amazing man, could I be biased because I know every woman says that about the guy they are with?

I’ll start off with talking about my plans schooling wise for the next few years. Right now I am working on my Bachelors of Science in Psychology. I’ve been thinking for the past few months about what I want to do after I finish my Bachelors degree and after doing a ton of research, debating, and talking it over with my soon to be husband, I’ve finally come up with what I’m going to do based on what the best option is not only for me, based on the things that are important to me such as being able to be home with my children when they are young, but for us and our future family. I’ll finish my Bachelors degree Spring 2013, could be sooner if I decide to go to school summer semester. I’m not sure if I’ll go to school this summer due to the wedding. Then fall of 2013 I’m going right on to my Masters all online, which will take four semesters, so I’ll be done with my Masters summer 2014. Then the next semester, fall 2014, I’ll start my 2nd bachelors program.

Throughout my Masters degree program I’ll be keeping my current job, since the pay is excellent and better than most people with a Bachelors degree make. Although, I think my soon to be husband and I have decided to live off his salary for the first year of our marriage so we can put my salary away for a home. I’ve been doing a lot of research on neighborhoods, communities, and school districts. I’ve found one community close to our families that I’m interested in and a few about an hour away. I think that with the fields that we’ll be working in, the communities that are an hour away will be the better option because that is where we will most likely be working. I’m very big on researching and planning, so I’ll know more about where we’ll most likely be living closer to the time we’re ready to buy a home.

I’m getting married! It’s hard to believe that my soon to be husband, Eugene, and I have been together for almost six years already! It’ll be six years in January. We met and started dating when I was fifteen and he was sixteen. I’m very blessed to have a man like him in my life. I honestly couldn’t ask for anything more in a significant other. Our wedding is scheduled for Saturday August 11th, 2012 and I couldn’t be more excited! A lot of the planning has been done for a while now, but I’ll post new blog post for every aspect of the planning process up to this point. If you’re really brave then you’ll follow me through the journey of getting ready to walk down the aisle all the way through motherhood later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment