This is the story of how I became a Bride-To-Be! First, I should start off by saying that I really thought that the proposal would have taken place on or before mine & Eugene’s five year anniversary, which was January 24th, 2011. When the proposal didn’t happen on our five year anniversary, when we were out at my favorite resturant eating a four course dinner, I thought to myself, “Well, we’re celebrating our anniversary this weekend on January 29th… So it’ll happen then!” For the rest of the week up until the day we celebrated our anniversary I kept wondering how Eugene was going to do it and where. I had all these different proposal scenarios going through my mind.
When the day we were celebrating our anniversary came I was so excited! I kept wondering what surprises Eugene had planned for the day. The surprise was that we could do anything that I wanted to do. So I chose to go out to breakfast, I believe we went to Big Boy for breakfast. The proposal didn’t happen then. Then I wanted to go see a movie at the theater. Yet again the proposal didn’t happen. I hadn’t lost hope yet that it was going to happen on that day. I chose to go out to lunch/dinner at Samurai, which is a hibachi bar. I was sure the proposal was going to happen there, I mean every time we’d gone before it was always such a quiet atmosphere and somewhat romantic. I was waiting for it to happen. Again, the proposal didn’t happen. This is when I’d lost hope that the proposal was going to happen on that day and I was actually frustrated. Eugene had planned on us going to a hotel for the night, but I was so frustrated that I said that I’d rather us just go get a cake, wine, and some ice cream so we could just watch movies and snuggle.
On the way to get cake, wine, and ice cream Eugene called the hotel to cancel the reservation. Lucky for us it was early enough to get a refund. We went to Walmart and got a small red velvet cake, some pear wine, and for me butter pecan ice cream. After I was comfy in bed and Eugene was in sweats we put in a movie and he went into the kitchen to get us cake, ice cream, and wine. When he came back to the room and handed me a bowl with my cake and ice cream and my wine glass I noticed that there was something in my wine glass…. It was THE RING! He was down on one knee and proposed! The proposal made me cry.
Looking back, I’m glad the proposal didn’t happen when we were out and about celebrating during the day. The way the proposal happened was totally me and I wouldn’t have had it any other way.
No comments:
Post a Comment