Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"When are you getting married?"

Isn’t that the first question anybody asks when they find out you're engaged. Well, after "how did he do it?"

I should say that before we started thinking about a date, well actually I was thinking about dates long before we were even engaged, that we told a few people about the engagement. The morning after the proposal took place we went to my parent’s house and told them. Then we went to tell Eugene’s mom and grandma. When we got to his grandma’s house his mom was not there, we got to tell his grandma in person that day. She was very excited and started asking Eugene when she’d have Great-Grandchildren. We also told my Aunt and Great Aunts and Uncles on my mother’s side of the family. I also told my cousin Hailey and asked her to be my maid of honor on the day after the proposal.

Well, from the beginning we knew we wanted to wait until one of us had graduated with our Bachelors degree. Eugene will graduate with his degree in June 2012. I knew from the beginning that I wanted to have a summer wedding, preferably in August like my parents had. After we narrowed the month and year down all that was left was to pick the actually date. We ended up debating between August 11th, 2012 and August 18th, 2012. In the end, August 11th, 2012 sounded better to us.

It’s official that on August 11th, 2012 I’ll be a wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment