It’s official; we’re getting married on August 11th, 2012!
The process of booking a ceremony site and a reception site was a very emotional and stressful process for me. I originally wanted the ceremony to be held in the Church where my parents were married and I was baptized. Well, the first few times I called to make an appointment the Father was out of town and the secretary was very rude to me over the phone. When I finally heard back from the Father he was very rude to me on the phone, it was a real disappointment to me. My mother told me that he would be rude and I didn’t listen, I was set on getting married in the Catholic Church.
After having both the secretary and Father treat me unfairly and act impolitely towards me I decided to look into some other options. One option for both the ceremony and reception that I was very interested in was this venue, Cherry Creek. Cherry Creek was absolutely beautiful! My mother and I set up an appointment and went and toured the venue. When we arrived, before sitting down to speak about price, we were taken on a tour. I fell in love with the venue. When we sat down to talk about price, it was way over what we thought it’d be. They wanted $16,000 to be spent just on food and alcohol and you could only use the venue for seven hours, maybe 5, if I remember right. My mother and I were both so upset that we cried after leaving the venue.
When we got back home later that day my mother decided that we should go take a look at the Genesys Banquet Center. We went and looked at the banquet center and booked it for the reception on the date that Eugene and I had chosen as the date we wanted out wedding to be held on. Although it was not the reception venue I had planned on, it was close to our hometown and the reception could be made into anything that I envisioned for it.
After booking the venue for the reception, we started looking into ceremony venues in the area. I started looking into other churches and ceremony venues. After researching churches on the internet in the area I came across one that really stuck out to me and Eugene and I went about drove by it at 6pm one night. It was a beautiful church and it was a church that I could see us raising our future children in. We both had a good feeling about the church when we drove around the parking lot looking at it. I decided to call and make an appointment to become a member of the church and talk about being married in the Church. Well, again the people in the church were rude. It was then that I decided that maybe the impoliteness of the individuals in the churches, I was interested in, was God’s way of letting me know that a church wedding wasn’t really what I wanted.
So, I started to research other types of venues and I came across one that I absolutely loved from seeing pictures online. I showed the venue’s website to Eugene and my mother and they were both interested in it also, so I called and set up an appointment. Eugene had to work on the day of the appointment, so my mother went with me. We both loved it! I loved the outside gardens and waterfalls, it was a gorgeous venue. So, I put the money down and booked it for our date. Our ceremony will be at Heavenly Scents Herb Farm.
The plus to both our ceremony and reception sites is that we get full-day usage of both. We get the reception site from 8am on the day of the wedding until 1am. For the ceremony site, there is a room there for the Bride and her bridesmaids to get ready and I believe we will be utilizing that room.
The process of booking a ceremony site and a reception site was a very emotional and stressful process for me. I originally wanted the ceremony to be held in the Church where my parents were married and I was baptized. Well, the first few times I called to make an appointment the Father was out of town and the secretary was very rude to me over the phone. When I finally heard back from the Father he was very rude to me on the phone, it was a real disappointment to me. My mother told me that he would be rude and I didn’t listen, I was set on getting married in the Catholic Church.
After having both the secretary and Father treat me unfairly and act impolitely towards me I decided to look into some other options. One option for both the ceremony and reception that I was very interested in was this venue, Cherry Creek. Cherry Creek was absolutely beautiful! My mother and I set up an appointment and went and toured the venue. When we arrived, before sitting down to speak about price, we were taken on a tour. I fell in love with the venue. When we sat down to talk about price, it was way over what we thought it’d be. They wanted $16,000 to be spent just on food and alcohol and you could only use the venue for seven hours, maybe 5, if I remember right. My mother and I were both so upset that we cried after leaving the venue.
When we got back home later that day my mother decided that we should go take a look at the Genesys Banquet Center. We went and looked at the banquet center and booked it for the reception on the date that Eugene and I had chosen as the date we wanted out wedding to be held on. Although it was not the reception venue I had planned on, it was close to our hometown and the reception could be made into anything that I envisioned for it.
After booking the venue for the reception, we started looking into ceremony venues in the area. I started looking into other churches and ceremony venues. After researching churches on the internet in the area I came across one that really stuck out to me and Eugene and I went about drove by it at 6pm one night. It was a beautiful church and it was a church that I could see us raising our future children in. We both had a good feeling about the church when we drove around the parking lot looking at it. I decided to call and make an appointment to become a member of the church and talk about being married in the Church. Well, again the people in the church were rude. It was then that I decided that maybe the impoliteness of the individuals in the churches, I was interested in, was God’s way of letting me know that a church wedding wasn’t really what I wanted.
So, I started to research other types of venues and I came across one that I absolutely loved from seeing pictures online. I showed the venue’s website to Eugene and my mother and they were both interested in it also, so I called and set up an appointment. Eugene had to work on the day of the appointment, so my mother went with me. We both loved it! I loved the outside gardens and waterfalls, it was a gorgeous venue. So, I put the money down and booked it for our date. Our ceremony will be at Heavenly Scents Herb Farm.
The plus to both our ceremony and reception sites is that we get full-day usage of both. We get the reception site from 8am on the day of the wedding until 1am. For the ceremony site, there is a room there for the Bride and her bridesmaids to get ready and I believe we will be utilizing that room.
No comments:
Post a Comment