Tuesday, November 1, 2011

To Capture the Memories

From the beginning Eugene and I knew that the most important vendor to us was going to be the photographer, the one documenting our special day. We knew that the photographer would be the one vendor that we splurged on.

We started looking and researching photographers online before we actually set up any interviews or meetings with them. We spent countless nights browsing the web for photographers and viewing their portfolios on their websites. In the end, after just browsing online we narrowed it down to two photographers that we were actually interested in and wanted to meet with. I loved the work of both photographers. One had more of a vintage feel to the photos than the other did. Since our theme is a little vintage that was the photographer I liked a little more just from viewing their work.

We met with the photographer who we both loved first, Action Productions. This photographer had an amazing portfolio but was a little quiet, I thought. The package deals with this photographer were way better than those with the vintage photographer. The vintage photographer only gave you seven hours whereas Action Productions would be documenting all day long. There were other perks to the packages as well. Not only will we be getting so many prints, a disc with a bunch of edit photos, and albums, put video is also included! The vintage photographer’s packages were the same price and had some packages for higher prices that did not include any of the perks of the packages from Action Productions.

I met with the vintage photographer by myself one day when I was on a break from work. I loved the vintage photographer. She was so lively and full of energy and very friendly. I felt an instant connection with her. In the end though, Eugene and I decided to go with the other photographer who would be providing all day coverage. His package deals were just better for the price than the other photographer’s were. Besides, the vintage photographer also does newborn and family photos. Therefore we decided that we’d use her later on when it was time for those types of photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment