Sunday, November 13, 2011

Invitations I

I knew from the beginning that I was going to design and construct my own invitations. Once our color combination was set in stone (Tea Rose, White, & Black) I started researching different types of paper online. I knew that I wanted our wedding invitations to be pocketfold invitation, so I started researching templates and paper recommendations for making a pocketfold invitation. When I found the paper that I wanted to use and the actual colors I wanted for everything then I ordered a sample of everything to make a mock invitation. I loved the way everything looked in the mock invitation so I ordered enough of everything to make our invitations plus extra.

The paper that I ordered to make the actual pocketfold was in the color onyx. It’s a shimmering paper and is absolutely gorgeous. For the actual invitation to be printed on and for the RSVP cards I ordered white paper. For the envelopes for everything we are using a rose quartz colored envelope, which is also a shimmering paper.

Eugene and I designed everything that needs to be printed in photoshop, we also designed our monogram in photoshop. We still have some time before everything needs to be printed, so if we feel like it we can mess around with fonts more, but I’m 100% happy with the fonts that we designed everything with already.

I would love to post pictures for everyone to see what the paper and everything looks like, but that’d take away from the surprise when actual invitations arrive in the mail. I’ll post pictures to the blog after actual invitations are mailed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment