As of today, Eugene and I are exactly eight months away from getting married! It’s hard to believe that it’s already almost been a year since the day he proposed to me, let alone it’s only eight months until our wedding. Knowing that the wedding is only almost half a year away, this morning when I woke up I had this “it’s crunch time” feeling come over me. There are still so many things that we need to get done and so many things that we still need to put money away for.
For one, we need to finish designing our invitations, RSVP cards, and everything else that we are including in our invitations. Then we still need to take our design to the printer, the same one that printed the Save the Dates that we designed. Finally once everything is back from the printing company, I still need to put all our pocketfold invitations together and address envelopes. All that is what we have left to do for our invitations alone!
I posted earlier about how we still need to book the entertainment for our reception. I’ve been saying for weeks that we need to get this done, yet to be completely honest we haven’t even started looking, this has me worried. My neighbor DJs and I believe he was the DJ at his daughter’s reception, which I believe they did in their backyard. Now, I think my mother has talked to him about possibly being the DJ at our wedding, but I don’t think Eugene likes the idea of that. That may be our only option though if we don’t start setting up interviews for DJs.
Also regarding music and entertainment we still need to figure out what we’re going to do about music for the ceremony. I know that some entertainment companies will also do your ceremony, so that is something we need to look into. I also believe that our ceremony venue has a music collection to choose from. I may have to set up an appointment to meet with Kathy at our venue to discuss this option.
As for the menu, our reception venue has given us copies of their menus and the food choices we have. Eugene, my mother, and I have already gone over the menus and have everything we’d like picked out with a star next to it, so that when we go to discuss our menu with the venue, we’ll have everything we’ve picked right in front of us, so nothing is forgotten. We have everything picked out from what is to be served during the cocktail hour through dessert.
As for the cake, I would like one layer of it to be red velvet. As you may remember from my blog entry about the proposal, Eugene and I were getting ready to eat red velvet cake, ice cream, and drink wine when the proposal took place. One layer of our cake being red velvet would be very meaningful to Eugene and I. I’m not sure what we should do for the rest of the cake. Preferably something that won’t stain my dress is a piece falls on it. We already have someone to bake our cake, my Great-Aunt Gina. We’re so thankful that she said she’d bake our cake when I asked her.
I also need to start thinking about the flowers for my bouquet. As for my bridesmaids, they will be carrying battenburg lace parasol umbrellas that we ordered from Australia. I have one from me too that I’ll use in some of our pictures. All the girls will have white parasols and mine will be another one of the wedding colors. Now back to thinking about the flowers for my bouquet. I’m not sure if I want my bouquet to be all white or if I want hints of pink mixed in. I do know that wrapped around the bouquet I would like either white or pink ribbon with pearls going down it.
Here is what the parasols for the bridesmaids look like:
For one, we need to finish designing our invitations, RSVP cards, and everything else that we are including in our invitations. Then we still need to take our design to the printer, the same one that printed the Save the Dates that we designed. Finally once everything is back from the printing company, I still need to put all our pocketfold invitations together and address envelopes. All that is what we have left to do for our invitations alone!
I posted earlier about how we still need to book the entertainment for our reception. I’ve been saying for weeks that we need to get this done, yet to be completely honest we haven’t even started looking, this has me worried. My neighbor DJs and I believe he was the DJ at his daughter’s reception, which I believe they did in their backyard. Now, I think my mother has talked to him about possibly being the DJ at our wedding, but I don’t think Eugene likes the idea of that. That may be our only option though if we don’t start setting up interviews for DJs.
Also regarding music and entertainment we still need to figure out what we’re going to do about music for the ceremony. I know that some entertainment companies will also do your ceremony, so that is something we need to look into. I also believe that our ceremony venue has a music collection to choose from. I may have to set up an appointment to meet with Kathy at our venue to discuss this option.
As for the menu, our reception venue has given us copies of their menus and the food choices we have. Eugene, my mother, and I have already gone over the menus and have everything we’d like picked out with a star next to it, so that when we go to discuss our menu with the venue, we’ll have everything we’ve picked right in front of us, so nothing is forgotten. We have everything picked out from what is to be served during the cocktail hour through dessert.
As for the cake, I would like one layer of it to be red velvet. As you may remember from my blog entry about the proposal, Eugene and I were getting ready to eat red velvet cake, ice cream, and drink wine when the proposal took place. One layer of our cake being red velvet would be very meaningful to Eugene and I. I’m not sure what we should do for the rest of the cake. Preferably something that won’t stain my dress is a piece falls on it. We already have someone to bake our cake, my Great-Aunt Gina. We’re so thankful that she said she’d bake our cake when I asked her.
I also need to start thinking about the flowers for my bouquet. As for my bridesmaids, they will be carrying battenburg lace parasol umbrellas that we ordered from Australia. I have one from me too that I’ll use in some of our pictures. All the girls will have white parasols and mine will be another one of the wedding colors. Now back to thinking about the flowers for my bouquet. I’m not sure if I want my bouquet to be all white or if I want hints of pink mixed in. I do know that wrapped around the bouquet I would like either white or pink ribbon with pearls going down it.
Here is what the parasols for the bridesmaids look like:
On top of everything listed above we still need to start thinking about and looking into what we’d like to register for, look for wedding bands, think about where we’d like to stay the night of our wedding, start considering a menu for our Sunday Brunch following the wedding, and much more.
Those are beautiful!
ReplyDelete