Friday, January 20, 2012

Blog Dare 2012: Day 20

Topic of the day: Something mischievous I did as a child
To be completely honest I had a hard time coming up with something mischievous I did as a child. My brother and I were very well behaved children, me more than him. I could not think of one mischievous thing I did as a child but I came up with a bunch of mischievous things my younger brother did. When we’re all sitting around as a family or just talking sometimes stories from when we were children are told and retold; I swear I’ve heard them all at least a billion times. One of my favorite stories is the one about my brother cutting a hole in the window screen and telling my mom that he did it “to let more air in.” Another one of my favorite stories about the mischievous things my brother did as a child is the story of how he used our mom’s lipstick and made a perfectly lined up boarder of kisses on a wall while she was taking a nap. Now is that really mischievous or is it a really sweet thing he did?
Okay, after taking a walk down memory lane I’ve remembered one mischievous thing I did as a child, I was an older child though when I did it. I hid in my mom’s closet or behind the house, until my mom left for the day, in order to skip school, for two weeks straight. I had a reason for doing it, but that’s not an excuse. Preschool-High School was the worst for me, I was always taller than everyone else and because of it everyone made my life at school difficult. I was harassed, teased, threatened, ECT.  It got so bad at one school that I ended up transferring to another school the middle of my freshman year. Can you believe the person who was behind the reason I had to transfer was the daughter of my Grandpa’s girlfriend at the time?! I would come home every day crying for all those years. Although I missed a lot of school over those years, you could not pay me to miss a college class. I have not missed one single class since I started college.
What is something you did as a child that was mischievous?


a mom blog community

1 comment:

  1. i've just awarded you the versatile blogger award http://our365days.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-am-so-excited-to-announce-that-just.html

    ReplyDelete