I’m back to work today after a ten day vacation and to be completely honest I’m glad to be back! I was sick with a sore throat most of my vacation and with the way I was feeling I could not even fathom the thought of writing a blog entry. I’m feeling somewhat better this morning and am excited to get back into the swing of things. The first thing I need to get back into the swing of is waking up so early. For the last ten days I’ve been sleeping in with my soon to be hubby.
This morning started off a little rough. My soon to be hubby woke me up at 3am this morning, when he got home from work, by turning on his computer. I’m very sensitive to light and woke up immediately. Sometimes if I’m in a deep sleep when he gets on the computer I won’t wake up, but the majority of the time I do. I ended up getting up then to go to the restroom and take some medicine for my sore throat, it really helped. With two hours left to go until my alarm clock was going to go off, I had a hard time falling back asleep. I eventually did though.
After I woke up and was ready to leave for work I started scraping off my car and I ended up slipping on the ice in the driveway. I landed on my left knee, which hurt terribly, and three fingers on my right hand were scratched and started bleeding. I didn’t have time to deal with cleaning the scrapes or dealing with my knee, so I picked myself up off the driveway, put gloves on my hands, and started heading to work. My knee stopped hurting by the time I arrived at work, but when I got out of my car my back was killing me.
My bosses arrived back home from Hawaii last night, so first thing this morning I asked one of my bosses how their trip went. We talked for a few minutes and then I decided that with the wedding being less than seven months away that it was time to tell them that I’m getting married, they already knew I was engaged. I just haven’t felt ready to tell them we set a date. Actually, a date was set before I was even hired. I’ll be telling my other boss as soon as he arrives.
I’ll be in my new contract around the time of the wedding; I believe we go to renew the contract at the end of June. So I’m hoping we can negotiate and add a few things in. With our first contract, the one I’m in now, I get five paid sick days, which I’m not going to use, I’m hoping I can roll at least a couple of them over to the new contract so that for the wedding I can take off the Thursday and Friday before the wedding and the Monday after it and still have paid sick days left.
What type of things would you negotiate into a contract? Would you go along with something your bosses want in your contract if you didn’t agree with it in order to keep your job?
No comments:
Post a Comment