Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Blog Dare: Day Three- My Bucket List

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Honestly, I have never considered making a bucket list. There are only a few things in life that matter enough to me to be put on a list of things I would like to do before I die.

1.      Become a wife
2.      Become a mother and be the best mother I can be
3.      See my children grow up
4.      Own a home
5.      Be able to see my grandchildren
6.      Graduate college

Like I’ve said before, all I’ve ever wanted and all I want is to be a wife and mother. Those are the two most important things that I want to accomplish. Becoming a wife will be crossed off my bucket list come August, since I’ll be getting married on August 11th! Graduating college is not too far off for me now, if I stick to my major and stop changing it. I’ve had a hard time sticking to a major because nothing I take up interest me enough, I truly believe that I keep changing my major because all I’m ever going to want to be is a wife and mother and nothing I’ve majored in has made me happy. I’m currently majoring in finance, which I think I’m going to stick too because there are many things from home that I’ll be able to do with a finance degree.

As for owning a home, Eugene and I have been discussing us owning a home a lot. He’ll be done with his degree in June, a few months before our wedding. I however have at least another year or year and a half to go. Although I am making more now than many people with a degree make, I think we should wait until I’m done with my degree. I’d love to own a home now. I want to be able to host dinner parties a few times a month and invite neighborhood women over for Sunday brunch. My time to be able to do these things will come.

What is on your bucket list? Do you have one?

No comments:

Post a Comment