Over the Holiday season there were only a few big purchases that were made, all of which I believe should have been made. My brand new GMC Acadia being one of them. A bigger vehicle was a necessity, especially with the Michigan winter weather conditions and my hour drive to work. I’m not a truck person and I’m definitely not a minivan type of woman. I wanted a crossover family vehicle with third-row seating, something that I would be comfortable driving. Also, over the Holiday season Eugene and I both pitched in and bout a 50 inch plasma television for our room and a DSLR camera. We did not have a television in our room before we bought our plasma television. The DSLR camera is something we bought at the midnight sale at Walmart for Black Friday. We absolutely love our camera, although, I have not had time to learn to use it.
Due to our upcoming wedding, our families decided not to go all out for Christmas. Christmas is not about going all out on gifts, it is about spending time with the ones who are dear to you. As a family we all sat down and ate dinner together, played cards, and conversed. Our holiday was simple and because we did not go all out and since we did not have new “toys” to try out and mess with, we actually spent more time together as a family.
Something Lost:
There are many times that I feel lost, like I’m not sure of the path I’m suppose to take and what route I’m suppose to take to get there. I’m sure many people feel this way at one time or another. How do we become the individual we aspire to be? I’m not sure of the answer; I know the person that I aspire to be and the goals that I aspire to accomplish, I’m just not sure how to get there. Do I actively search for ways to become who I aspire to become? Or do I trust that God and life will eventually lead me there? I’ve been praying a lot lately for guidance, to show me what I’m supposed to do from here, and for strength, so that I can be strong enough not to give up on finding the path to becoming the person I aspire to be.
Due to our upcoming wedding, our families decided not to go all out for Christmas. Christmas is not about going all out on gifts, it is about spending time with the ones who are dear to you. As a family we all sat down and ate dinner together, played cards, and conversed. Our holiday was simple and because we did not go all out and since we did not have new “toys” to try out and mess with, we actually spent more time together as a family.
Something Lost:
Never mind searching for who you are. Search for the person you aspire to be. ~Robert Brault
No comments:
Post a Comment